design semester 1

There has been a serious lack of posts on my blog of late. Apologies. 

I have been hard at work completing my first semester of a Graphic Design course. It's proven challenging and in turn, very rewarding. I've received some amazing support and mentoring from several friends, and I'm immensely appreciative of their help. 

Below you will see two design's I developed.

The street scene being a advertising poster for Museum Victoria, who represent Melbourne Museum, the Melbourne Immigration Museum, ScienceWorks and The Royal Exhibition Building. My idea for this was to appeal to the inquisitive human nature, and our desire to learn and be inspired. 

The second design is a Typographic logo I did, to represent the Social Realism art movement of America in the 1920's-1930's. This was a very challenging project for many reason's, mainly due to my chosen art movement, as I was kicking myself at times saying, 
"I should have fucking chosen Cubism". 
Ha ha. 
In the end, I was happy with my design and the idea speaks for itself. (I think/hope) 

You will notice these designs are quite similar with their approach to maintaining a human representation. This has been intentional, as I was playing on the comfort found through familiarity with the human form. I thought through maintaining this my designs would be memorable to the viewer. 

All in all, I'm learning and enjoying it. Many mistakes to come.